Today, last Green standing, MLA Shane Rattenbury announced he is supporting Katy Gallagher and the ALP to form government. He is to become a minister in the Greens/ALP government.
- light rail works will commence during the course of this term of assembly
- in briefings from the appropriate bureaucrats they indicated works could begin in 2015
- the funding model would be in the form of a Public Private Partnership.
- Expressions of Interest would be called for
- There is an 'iron clad commitment' from the ALP to delivering this.
This is an excellent result for Canberra's future.