- 2016 ACT Election
- Light Rail Construction Timetable
- Light Rail Stage Two to Woden
- Gungahlin to Civic - Capital Metro Route Maps
- Light Rail Master Plan - Network proposal 2015
- Civic - Russell Light Rail extension
- Routes for Light Rail
- Capital Metro
- Capital Metro facts - what we know
- Capital Metro Business Case and Construction reports
- Support for Light Rail
- Canberra and its New Towns - Maps from 1971
- ACT Transport Studies
- Cities similar to Canberra with light rail
- Non Light Rail options
- Media Articles on Light Rail
- Who are ACT Light Rail?
- Contact ACT Light Rail
- Free Stickers
- The Old website
Friday, February 6, 2015
Government announcement on light rail Russell extension imminent?
WIN TV Canberra carried an item on their TV news on February 5 2015 with a scoop - that the ACT Government was to announce the extension of the Capital Metro route to Russell. WIN TV journalist David Sharaz reports that the announcement is expected in the coming week.
While there has been no further reporting in the media, it is a route that has long been discussed. Capital Metro has modelled a route extension from Civic, along Constitution Avenue, terminating near the statue in the centre of Russell.
If we hear of anything substantiating WIN TV's scoop - we will report it here and on our Facebook page.
For more frequent updates on Capital Metro and light rail related news, please visit our Facebook page 'Light Rail for Canberra'.