Prime Minister Tony Abbott provides yet more support for the ACT light rail project in contrast to his Canberra Liberal comrades. When asked a question about whether the federal government would fund an extension to the Gold Coast light rail, Prime Minister Abbott praised the ACT Governments approach to Capital Metro funding by using asset recycling money and the Federal Governments $60 million contribution.
ABC News online reports on it here.
ABC Canberra TV carried a report on its 10 Jul 2015 evening news bulletin.
the interview is here.
For more frequent updates on Capital Metro and light rail related news, please visit our Facebook page 'Light Rail for Canberra'.
- 2016 ACT Election
- Light Rail Construction Timetable
- Light Rail Stage Two to Woden
- Gungahlin to Civic - Capital Metro Route Maps
- Light Rail Master Plan - Network proposal 2015
- Civic - Russell Light Rail extension
- Routes for Light Rail
- Capital Metro
- Capital Metro facts - what we know
- Capital Metro Business Case and Construction reports
- Support for Light Rail
- Canberra and its New Towns - Maps from 1971
- ACT Transport Studies
- Cities similar to Canberra with light rail
- Non Light Rail options
- Media Articles on Light Rail
- Who are ACT Light Rail?
- Contact ACT Light Rail
- Free Stickers
- The Old website