There is a great deal of support for a light rail network in Canberra. The following organisations have publicly supported the concept of light rail.
- ACT Government - by forming Capital Metro Agency to build light rail between Civic and Gungahlin
- Canberra Business Council support for IA Light Rail funding bid and development of a detailed propsal for a light rail funding bid.
- Conservation Council for the ACT Region.
- Canberra Liberal Party 'Getting Light Rail on Track' election policy
- Liberal MLA Vicki Dunne
- ACT Greens
- Mary Porter MLA (ALP)
- Gungahlin Community Council
- Tuggeranong Community Council
- Belconnen Community Council
- ACT Peak Oil
- Canberra Loves 40%
- Property Council of Australia
- Canberra Convention Bureau
- Canberra Business Chamber
- Liberal MP for Eden-Monaro Dr Peter Hendy
If your organisation supports Light Rail in the Capital region, please email dchaas67 at gmail dot com
For more frequent updates on Capital Metro and light rail related news, please visit our Facebook page 'Light Rail for Canberra'.