- 2016 ACT Election
- Light Rail Construction Timetable
- Light Rail Stage Two to Woden
- Gungahlin to Civic - Capital Metro Route Maps
- Light Rail Master Plan - Network proposal 2015
- Civic - Russell Light Rail extension
- Routes for Light Rail
- Capital Metro
- Capital Metro facts - what we know
- Capital Metro Business Case and Construction reports
- Support for Light Rail
- Canberra and its New Towns - Maps from 1971
- ACT Transport Studies
- Cities similar to Canberra with light rail
- Non Light Rail options
- Media Articles on Light Rail
- Who are ACT Light Rail?
- Contact ACT Light Rail
- Free Stickers
- The Old website
Saturday, June 7, 2014
Capital Metro cost known in the next few months
From 2CC comes this news:
Chief Minister Katy Gallagher says Canberrans can expect a price tag for the first stage of Capital Metro in the next three months.
$21.3 million was allocated in Tuesday's budget as studies into the project's first stage continue.
The Gungahlin to City line is expected to cost $614 million.
But Ms Gallagher has told Capital Radio, that figure isn't set in stone.
"It was done in 2011 to feed into Infrastructure Australia's report and the early work being done by the government.
Now we are looking at ways to make sure that this is built as efficiently and effectively as possible but we do not have the total and final cost. It does depend on the detailed studies that are being done now and for example, the final decisions about routes," she said.
Ms Gallagher says her government will be 'upfront' with Canberrans about the price between July and September when it is much clearer.
For more frequent updates on Capital Metro and light rail related news, please visit our Facebook page 'Light Rail for Canberra'.