The Capital Metro project has its own website now at: www.capitalmetro.act.gov.au
It is the ACT government agency overseeing the design, construction and operation of the light rail project linking Civic to Gungahlin.
Capital Metro is in no way affiliated with ACT Light Rail. ACT Light Rail are a public transport lobby group and not a government agency. ACT Light Rail receive no funding from the ACT Government.
Capital Metro - its history....
In the weeks leading to the 2012 Assembly Election, the ACT Labor party made an election promise. That promise was to begin construction of a light rail network in the ACT called 'Capital Metro'.
This has been reported on the ACT Light Rail website at the following:
Now that the election has been determined, ACT Light Rail will update Canberrans on the progress of this policy on this page.
Please check back for updates.
(page under construction)
- 2016 ACT Election
- Light Rail Construction Timetable
- Light Rail Stage Two to Woden
- Gungahlin to Civic - Capital Metro Route Maps
- Light Rail Master Plan - Network proposal 2015
- Civic - Russell Light Rail extension
- Routes for Light Rail
- Capital Metro
- Capital Metro facts - what we know
- Capital Metro Business Case and Construction reports
- Support for Light Rail
- Canberra and its New Towns - Maps from 1971
- ACT Transport Studies
- Cities similar to Canberra with light rail
- Non Light Rail options
- Media Articles on Light Rail
- Who are ACT Light Rail?
- Contact ACT Light Rail
- Free Stickers
- The Old website